Friday, August 26, 2011

Friends....get some,real ones!

Last night I was reminded how blessed I've been in the friendship department...
A friend of friend was celebrating her birthday last night. My friends and I joined along. Thank God we did, because we were able to save her....literally
I understand when I was their age I wanted to have a great time, live life, but I never did at the expense of a friend (especially if it was their bday and they were drunk off their ass).
Glad we were able to step in and make sure she still had a great time while keeping her safe.
Think I'm overexaggerating?
At one point we went to them to tell them we had lost track of her and needed their help to locate her...their response "ummm, idk, who cares. we've been over here so {{shrugs}}" and they continued to drink.
ummm really?
And at the end of the night lied to us saying that they would look out for her, they checked on ehr...she was in the backseat with us...smh
Experiencing her "groupie ass friends" reminded me how blessed I am today, and how blessed I've been my whole life with friends. Loyalty, honesty, commitment, trust has been a common thread throughout all of my friends today or from the past.
At some point we all have to figure out our own definition of friendship and what kind of friends we want/need and what kind of friend we will be.
At some point we discover there are different levels/kinds of frienship and have to act accordingly to that individual.
I hope bday girl hears us
Align Left

No comments: