Monday, April 14, 2008

Negro Please

The Ish:

So I went to Houston with Little Bit and the Spanish Conquistador (code names, they get them, chill out). Really went to spend time with mi mama (who is feeling better, but isn't all the way there) and ended having the opportunity to go to the Mary J/Jay Z concert.

My person of sponsership was supposed to be the guy I met last time I was home. Unfortunately he was discovered to have a great amount of back hair. But I kept in touch, cuz he can always shave/wax that off. He offered me a ticket I glady accepted.

All of a sudden my inbox of text messages was full of things like this.....
"I can't wait!!" "I'm excited" "Can't wait to see yo sexy azz again"

~~Pause~~

~~Breathe~~


Now I know I am supposed to be excited that a man would be excited to spend time with me.

I know I am supposed to feel flattered when a man throws compliments my way.

But something just doesn't sit right, when the man sends more than 6 messages of this kind like he just got out of jail, or a submarine or something. He made me nervous.....

So the day comes of the concert, I'm not too excited. Because I am not really a concert person unless I see some backupdancers, the set changing, like I need to get my money's worth. Jay Z, I have the DVD, that's good enough for me. But no way was I going to be able to listen to Mary scream in the mic about how KC did her wrong, and the depression, and how she needs acceptance.........AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Then homeboi hits me with the worst of it all......"What color are you wearing, I need to know so we can match."

~~Pause~~

~~Breathe~~

~~WTF~~


In the end, I didn't go to the concert. I actually got him to sell my ticket and give me the profits. Well he only gave me some of the profits, but I thought that was better than nothing.

What I learned:
1. I need to work on my patience.
2. I truly have a thing against back hair (never knew before seeing his). Especially when it goes above the shirt, like you can see it and all. And it's curly and thick, ill
3. Learn to accept things that I think and know are wack. Give a brother a chance, even thou he wants to wear matching outfits (even thou we are not in middle school and it isn't a Frankie Beverly and Maze concert).

2 comments:

db said...

bwahahaha...you crack me up...

but for real...back hair is disgusting...I just think of all the Italian white men walking around with the curlyness vying to get to the top of the shirt. *shivers*.

I'm glad your mother is doing better. Health always hits home for me. I worry about my parents daily. They're both 64 and not getting any younger and you'd think that since we're in 2008...they should have found a cure for diabetes and high blood pressure, etc. But maybe the money that was supposed to go to research...went to KBR for independent contractors...who knows.

And the matching shirts...huh uh. You were right to not go. But hey...if you want to give him a chance...maybe he's the one. I can see it now...you both going to events with matching outfits. LOL!

Ambular said...

3 comments I recieved that I had to post, lmao
~~~~
Adam G wrote
at 6:19pm yesterday
Aww shit, I want to wear a matching outfit with you....

Birthday suits.

But yeah you should have gone to the concert. Even though I hate Mary J. (yeah I said it), and Jay-Z just walks around with a fitted hat pulled low (then he poses), it might have been fun anyway. Next time just tell the dude you're going to wear some inexplicable color that men can't comprehend... like mauve. He'll show up wearing red and viola! Problem solved.
~~~~~
Tavares J wrote
at 9:22pm yesterday
^^^^^ scratching head at the color Mauve

BRAIN......CANT......COMPREHEND.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::::::explosion and brain fragments litter the landscape::::::::

anyway.....matching ensembles my dude!?!?!?! Are yall about to go take pictures at Zoom In, Zoom Out (Parks Mall, Arlington Texas.......High School, oh the memories)?

How the bloody hell did you get him to give you profits!?
~~~~~
Thomas J wrote
at 12:23am
I'm mad at you for wanting some of the ticket profit. But more mad at him for wanting to wear matching colors. I agree though, MJB needs to get on some Lexapro and quit whining. By whining I mean both definitions: bitching and the literal sound of whining...and while were at will somebody please tell MiMi that nobody wants to touch her body!