Monday, June 8, 2009

ITs Been A Minute

I haven't been able to share my thoughts, because they just don't make sense to me. A big change has happened in my life. My mom was diagnosed with alzheimers. FInally things make sense, but then opens a door of unanswered questions.

I lost my dad when I was in the 5th grade, and now it's like I'm losing her, just slowly. I can't do anything right, I can't make it better, I just don't know what to do.

I can't imagine what goes thru her mind on a daily basis. How heavy her heart must feel.

I love my mom. I just can't lose her. And I am and I am losing myself slowly.

Today I am writing these words cuz I don't know who to call and tell them to. I don't have the courage to cry to someone, except to the people at the alzheimers support group.

3 comments:

KarolynK said...

I am not sure what to say either, Amber. I will be praying for you ladies...

matt williams said...

Wow, I'm sorry to read this about your mother. I don't know what else to say really. This is one of those diseases that we all fear our loved ones getting.
Have you two looked into some medications that can help curtail your mother's sysmtoms?

I hope all goes well and please get a second opinion.

Ambular said...

Thank you so much guys! And yea we have looked into medications, even have one, but she doesn't take it. She thinks she's fighting the disease when she is just allowing it to get worse. HOpefully a brighter day will come for her, but if not, more drastic measures will have to be made. Of which you don't want to do to someone who you love