Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving....what happened?

I used to get excited about this holiday.

I could care less this year.

Well really I didn't care last year. I was in New Orleans.

This year, I am in Houston, minding my own business.....but who is the 1 person who won't give me peace....my mother!
I mean, my homegirl has been the hospital for some days, and I have been with her. Of course my mother had a problem with that. Not that I was trying to be a good friend, or the fact I fucked up my back in that chair, but that I wasn't at home for her to take her frustrations out on. Tear my life.
So I told her days ago I was not, and refused to go to the country to my grandma's house. I just don't have the mind to be around family. I don't feel like hearing about why we don't have this certain dish cuz my aunt wrist hurts too much to cook everything....but she won't give up no recipes or give warning, BOO!
Of course she attempts to charge me up today.....where are you? you doing drugs? you at a drug house? when are you coming home? you aren't going to grandma's?.....and on and on.....
I am tired of her paranoia. I told her I have been at the hospital and somehow it has turned into me hanging out at a drug house. HOw does it go left to right?

So I am spending it with Tia, my poor friend who just had her appendix taken out. I am spending it with her family who is laid back and treats me like family. I don't feel the need to fake a smile. I can be myself and eat and not be depressed.

And what happened to the business of Thanksgiving? Traveling is down. Decorations are non-existent, I only see Christmas stuff that was put out right after Halloween....hmmmmm.....suspicious...

1 comment:

db said...

A drug house? Seriously? Your mom IS bugging.

Anytime you need a vacation from Houston, you're welcome at my house at any time.

Have a great turkey day!

Daph