Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another use for my mirror...

So my homegirl, Ladi L aka Miss Dallas (twitter: @MissDallas09), is booking performances like crazy. She is a certified rap artist. Next to blow out of Texas.



Guess who she asked to be her hypeman......yep....me. Hilarious? yes. Real? yes.



My first time onstage with her was last Sunday at the Los Magnificos Car Show. Talk about nerves and butterflies. Whew, how do performers do it night after night, I don't know. Your judges are right in front of you, judging lol.



She did great, of course! I froze a little in the beginning. Well alot. Claimed my spot top left part of the stage. Then I got more comfortable, followed her lead, interacted with the crowd.



Not as easy as anyone makes it look. Big to small artist.



Your job is to support the artist, get the crowd involved and excited, not embarass the artist either.



I knew for sure she was going hit me with "hey Amber, I think we're going to go a different direction." lol. Nope. Show tomorrow night and Saturday.



Well, all I know is I'm all up in my mirror practicing, cuz the last thing I want to do is mess up her glorious opportunities.



Once again, have a great day!

No comments: