Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sure Thing Now...

Stopped by Lubys to get my mom dinner last night and ran into an author. She freely shared with me knowledge of her wirting process, mistakes to avoid and her previous work. I took it as a sign to stop being scary and nervous. Just dive in. Better to go back and fix things than to just think of what I could do.

I've always wanted to be a writer. I have concepts in my head. I can visually see the characters, I can see them like I know them. I want to put them on paper. Even if only my close friends read them, it will still be an accomplishment.

There is a void amongst African American fiction writiers that I think I can fill.

So, everyday I am dedicating time to write. And I'm excited to see what happens.

Everyone have a good day :)

No comments: