Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Playing Dress Up

When I say dress up I mean like when someone portrays a persona they want to be or think you want them to be. It could be how they talk, how they dress, anything!
And as someone who doesn't believe in the stupid game, it's disappointing the number of men I meet that do. I know ladies are the queen of it, but it's like men are trying to take that stat over.
Maya A. said, "If someone shows you themselves, believe them." But if they show you another version, and you don't know, is it your fault?
There are warning signs, but damn it, some people are just gifted at decieving.
I have protected myself from alot of bullshit, but I want to be able to do better. For instance....Jermaine The Lame. What was the indicator that he was only interested in bootie? The following are some ideas I'm thinking of.....
  1. Maybe when I noticed that he liked to watch the room, he had been scoping me the entire time. And was able to see all the rejects that walked away from me. And gave me what he assumed I would like. Made sure he was chill, not too pushy.
  2. Maybe because I was in the club, he assumed that's all I was good for. He could be dude that thinks all chicks in the club are not worth time or effort. So, I was already doomed.
  3. Maybe because he wore sunglasses inside of the club. Already blocking his eyes and building a wall.
  4. Maybe I missed something in his conversation that was a huge alarm.
  5. Maybe I was giving some wrong body language, cuz I sure in the hell didn't say anything sexual.

What did I learn from Jermaine The Lame?.....................

  1. Not that I didn't know it before, but holding out is always key! (He showed himself to me in 2 days tops.)
  2. Too good to be true...it probably is! (who said that?)

Song: I don't want no scrub by TLC

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

& you say I over analyze things!